My Life - So Far

"Unbounded ambition makes an obscure existence simply impossible for me"
Lucien de Rubempré

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Internship X

Yesterday I had my last day at Unilever, at least for that internship. We organized a nice little aperitif with sandwiches, brownies, coffee and fruit juices. First we were quite disappointed, as only a few were coming, but the room filled soon after. We then went on a final goodbye tour and eventually got our certificate of employment, which was pretty good. In the end the internship was a very interesting experience in a young and motivated team, where I could gain much knowledge.

Today Valentina and I went to Zurich after having breakfast early in the morning. We then first had lunch at Tibits, which is to say we took it away and went to the lakeside. It was such a beautiful day, heaps of people were promenading at the lake. After having taken a bath in the early spring sun, we returned to the Bellevue, bought a box of stracciatella Mövenpick ice cream and went shopping. I bought a pair of trousers and a polo-shirt to be prepared for the spring. Then we went up to the Uetliberg where we had stunning views on Zurich and the snowy mountains! We just sat there in the sun and enjoyed that day eating ice cream.

Taling about ice cream, the gelateria El Bertin will open again next weekend! I'll be there for sure!

I was once lookig for interesting architecture in the internet and once again Santiago Calatrava catched my eyes! Therefore I post a picture of the law library he designed in Zurich.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home