My Life - So Far

"Unbounded ambition makes an obscure existence simply impossible for me"
Lucien de Rubempré

Monday, May 21, 2007

Spring VII

Where should I begin my post? Maybe two weeks ago, when an exibition called Polymesse was held at ETH. It's an annual event, where famous and less famous companies present their industry and actually recruit potential experts among us students. Even if I don't even have my Bachelor yet, it's a good opportunity to get a glance at what you will expect after you've got the Master. Besides most of the stands have some chocolates or some other candies as freebie. I went to a very interesting presentation of Nestlé, the world's largest food company, and I talked to several guys of the marketing staff of Unilever.

Two days later we went to another excursion to PanGas, a gas producing company in Dagmersellen/LU. I really enjoyed it, not only because the first thing we did was having coffee and cookies. We did some cryocooking, where you cook with liquid nitrogen whit a temperature of -196°C! Yeah, pretty cold, and I wouldn't put a finger into the bottle... So we made our own ice cream within a few seconds. Why not open the first Cryo-Bar in Zurich?

Last week I only had classes on monday and tuesday so I had plenty of time to do sports. On saturday I even made Sushi and then watched the japanese movie Laputa - Castle in the sky which I first watched in New Zealand together with my japanese friend Shinsuke. Yesterday me and my friends spent half of the day at the Lindli as it was a hot day. I even went to take a bath in the Rhine...
As completion of the day we watched the swiss movie Snow White.
The pictures shows something I discovered on a wall. I don't know what it is but I guess these are some kind of insect eggs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home