My Life - So Far

"Unbounded ambition makes an obscure existence simply impossible for me"
Lucien de Rubempré

Monday, March 01, 2010

Master thesis I

I'm already back from Asia. I will update you step by step in the next few weeks, so that you get a clue of what we experienced in Vietnam, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. To make it short: It was exciting!
Now, it seems that winter has gone and spring is slowly but surely coming, already bringing some warm and sunny days. Besides, I got some good news concerning my master thesis. While I was traveling, Givaudan and my professor came up with an agreement for the contract we all had to sign. I'm now even better off as before, because I will also get a recompense for my work. The only problem is that I will not be able to publish all my results because of confidential reasons.
As I wrote in a previous post I applied for a strategy conference in Venice, Italy which is organized by Booz&Company. As the conference is open for master and PhD students from Germany, Austria and Switzerland it was quite difficult to be accepted. Thus I was not disappointed when I was announced that I do not belong to the lucky few participants. However, I also applied for a workshop with McKinsey&Company in Rome from March 26-28. This time I had more luck and I was accepted. To get to know each other we'll first meet at their office at Zurich Airport, before boarding a Swiss machine to get to the italian capital. The hotel we'll stay could actually not be better: It's the Ripa Hotel (Via degli Orti di Trastevere 3), a nice boutique and design hotel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home