My Life - So Far

"Unbounded ambition makes an obscure existence simply impossible for me"
Lucien de Rubempré

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Kuala Lumpur II

After I finished my coffee, I went to the biggest shopping mall of Malaysia, the Suria KLCC, which is located just behind the Petronas Towers. I strolled around the huge building and bought the novel "Tender is the Night" by F. Scott Fitzgerald. When I walked out of the mall to make some pictures of the towers, I was approached by some girls that wanted to know here I'm from. Soon I was involved in a lively conversation about traveling the world and I couldn't turn down the offer of joining them for dinner. Actually they invited me to their place somewhere in the suburbs of KL. They cooked fish, rice and different kinds of vegetables, some of whom I've never seen before. When I now think of that experience I feel like being a little adventurer, because in Switzerland at least, I would never join some strangers for dinner.

Actually I wanted to go to the restaurant Frangipani (25 Changkat Bukit Bintang) for dinner, but that was obsolete now. At the hotel I slept a little bit because I spent the night before at the airport and sleeping there is not so recreative. Then I took a taxi to one of the best rooftop bars I've ever been: the Skybar at the Traders Hotel, which is run by the famous Shangri-La group. There is a huge swimming pool in the center of the bar and at the large window front you have cozy lounge chairs to enjoy the stunning views at the bright Petronas Towers. That was just fantastic! After that I checked out the Zouk Club (113 Jalan Ampang), the pendant to the one we were at Singapore. But as it was a Monday there was not a lot going on, so I went back to the hotel. The next morning I already had to go back to Singapore which meant: Good-bye Malaysia, good-bye Kuala Lumpur.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home