My Life - So Far

"Unbounded ambition makes an obscure existence simply impossible for me"
Lucien de Rubempré

Saturday, February 06, 2010

Final Semester X

This is the last post with Final Semester as title. I had my final exam yesterday, in Applied Statistical Regression. Then I went to the brand new gym at Hönggerberg for a workout to get my mind free. By the way, the picture in this post is shot in the gym, which is held entirely in white. Actually I was supposed to work in the afternoon, but I had some discussions with my supervisor about the contract with Givaudan, so I had to call that off. As ETH doesn't accept the contract, I'm not even sure if I can start with my thesis after my holidays. At least my supervising professor said that I should not worry...
Then I applied for another consulting event with Booz & Company. It's a three-day strategy conference about sustainability held in Venice in March. It would be a good opportunity to get to know the company in more detail. Such events are also great to enlargen the personal network and to compare oneself with other aspiring students. Furthermore, I can further benefit by solving strategic problems and practice my presentation skills. However I guess it's rather difficult to get a place in Venice, as it's an event open for students from Switzerland, Germany and Austria. Nevertheless, I'm optimistic, even though I just read that in 2009 Booz got 1200 applications, of which 35 were selected to take part at the event, that was held in Istanbul last year.

3 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interessanter Beitrag

 
At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ciocco1975.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.

 
At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home