My Life - So Far

"Unbounded ambition makes an obscure existence simply impossible for me"
Lucien de Rubempré

Friday, April 10, 2009

MSc in Food Science III

Last saturday Valentina and I went to Winterthur as there was a information day at the Zurich University for Applied Sciences. Valentina intends to do her Bachelor's in Physiotherapy there, so this was a good opportunity to get an insight into the studies. After the presentations we walked to the main shopping street and had lunch at Wagamama. I had some delicious Udon Noodles with chicken and ginger and as starter some edamames, which are green soy beans. Valentina had some japanese rice with chicken in a dough. Maybe we will find some time to go to the Zurich branch once, as it is really mouth-watering! Some days before we also had dinner at Lemongras in Schaffhausen. The curry there is always worth trying! And this thursday I had my first BBQ this year. It was a wonderful day and so I went to Chällis apartment in Zurich where he and his girlfriend were already waiting! We didn't have a wide selection, but the carrot salad, the meat and some bread were just enough!

As it was so warm and sunny, I went running quite often and I also took my bike out to have ride outside. This is what I'm going to do right now!

Besides, I went to a presentation about job opportunities at the Boston Consulting Group, which is located in Zurich. The presentation was for free and at ETH, so I just wondered what non business people are doing there. As I was working for a consulting agency for quite long, I certainly know what consulting is, but at the agency nobody had graduated from natural sciences.

And I went to see another presentation with the title "Decreasing Iron Deficiency without increasing Infection" held by Dr. Gary Brittenham from Columbia University in New York. It was interesting to see the connection between iron and infections, which was quite new to me, even though I worked with iron for my bachelor thesis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home