My Life - So Far

"Unbounded ambition makes an obscure existence simply impossible for me"
Lucien de Rubempré

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Murano Resort VI

I'm sorry for the delay! I hope you'll soon understand why I didn't blog for a couple of days. Okay, back to the last post. After we walked along the Champs-Elysées we had a relaxed lunch in the Jardin des Tuileries, which is surrounded by the Louvre, the seine and the Place de la Concorde. We were watching the ducks in the pond and all the people walking by. The sun came up just to say hello and disappeared behind the clouds soon after. This was the sign to leave the park and to take a metro to Les Galeries Lafayette. I saw some shoes the day before in a store named Minelli, which you can find on every corner in Paris. But unfortunately they had a very narrow cut, so I decided not to take them. However, inside of Les Galerie Lafayette I found a pair of shoes by G-Star Raw, which I immediately bought. After a coffee we went to a H&M near boulevard Sébastopol, where Valentina bought some clothes.

As we were tired because of our shopping tour we went back to the Murano. For dinner we actually wanted to go to Baan Boran again, as this thai restaurant was really delicious! But then I found an indonesian restaurant with the tellingly name Indonesia, located near the Odéon at rue Vaugirard. I took the Nasi Goreng menu and Valentina the chicken curry. Frankly, we'd better gone to Baan Boran again. It was not really special, somehow the indonesian taste was missing. The drinks were too sweet and very small and all the small details which we have seen at Murano or Baan Boran were missing as well. For the next time we know! :-)

After a short ride with the RER train, we were at the Eiffel Tower again! This time it was illuminated in a blue colour with stars on one side. At 10PM thousands of small lights started flashing for 5min. That was very beautiful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home