My Life - So Far

"Unbounded ambition makes an obscure existence simply impossible for me"
Lucien de Rubempré

Monday, April 28, 2008

6th Semester IV

As I mentioned in my last post I participated at a workshop at the Sprungbrett Event last Monday. I could attend a workshop for Unilever and the goal was to create a brand activation concept for Bertolli, an Italian food manufacturer. First, we had an introduction into the world of Unilever whose mission is the add vitality to life. Then we formed two groups for brainstorming and soon we brought our ideas to paper. After lunch, each group held a short presentation in front of the senior brand manager of Bertolli.

The next day, Valentina sent me a text message saying that she saw me in the newspaper. And indeed as soon as I was at home, some neighbors talked to me and asked how it was at the workshop…

Last Wednesday we had an excursion to Midor in Meilen. Midor produces ice cream as well as bakery for Migros. We had insight into the whole production steps from mixing the ingredients to packaging the final product. Even though they might use state-of-the-art technology, there is still space for improvement, because after filling the boxes it needs to be checked manually by a women sitting next to the band-conveyor.

On Saturday I went jogging from my girlfriends place in Schaffhausen to Merishausen, a village in a valley leading to Bargen, the most northern town in Switzerland. Actually I run pretty fast, as I made the 9.6km with a height difference of at least 100m in 45min. It was a beautiful day and the sun was shining through the light green leaves, turning the whole way through the forest into a green tunnel. I feel in shape for the SOLA race on 17th of May!

Yesterday I had my second BBQ this year at Valentinas place. Unfortunately she had to leave soon, as she has a school camp until Wednesday. I will certainly miss her!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home