My Life - So Far

"Unbounded ambition makes an obscure existence simply impossible for me"
Lucien de Rubempré

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

6th Semester III

It happened quite a lot since I wrote my last post, especially what my bachelor thesis was concerned. The human nutrition institute intended to create an iron food frequency questionnaire for swiss women aged 18 to 40 years. This has never been done before for this age group and therefore it would have needed a huge effort to accomplish the FFQ as bachelor thesis. So it was decided that I now have to validate a 24h diet recall instead of the FFQ. I intend to interview approximately 10 women of the targeted age group seven times over a defined timeperiod. This has to be done, as it's almost impossible to get the average daily iron intake with one recall. And one big disadvantage of this method is that people are likely to forget what they eat the last day... But still I'm highly motivated to write a good thesis!

Next monday I will participate at a workshop for Unilever, a company based in Thayngen in Schaffhausen. It's part of an event called "Sprungbrett", where local companies give an insight into their work field. The goal of my workshop is the development of a brand activation concept.

Two weeks ago, all third year food science students organized a party called "E175 - The Taste of Gold" at StuZ2. It was a great evening, even though I went back home with the last train after I worked at the bar for a few hours.

Last week Valentina and I had a sauna lasting two ten minutes sessions with a cooling in between. For me it was the first time in years, but she does it more regularly. It really helps to relax and forget the world around you...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home