My Life - So Far

"Unbounded ambition makes an obscure existence simply impossible for me"
Lucien de Rubempré

Monday, January 28, 2008

Longing For Spring IV

Last week I did quite a few things. As I don't have any lectures, I went to the gym three times and even cycling one morning though it was bloody cold. I always went working after my workout at the gym and later went to Valentina each day!

But first I should start with last sunday. As it was a really beautiful and pretty warm day, Valentina and I went out for a walk to Stetten, a village up in the hills and therefore always oustide the thick fog we have down in Schaffhausen. What we saw was just fantastic! The snow covered Alps seemed to be just one arm's lenght away... We walked and walked until the sun finally set. The last part of our walk led us through a rocky wood section, I've last been ten or more years ago with my grandparents...

Then on Tuesday I got a new mobile, the Sony Ericsson W910i with a contract that enables me to call Valentina for free after 8PM. It has a built-in 2 megapixel cam and a fantastic screen. A big improvement compared to my old one...

As Thursday was once again a beautiful day, Valentina and I went to see the Rhine Fall in the afternoon. During the winter season, it's not that spectacular as in summer, as the Rhine doesn't carry much water. However it was beautiful and we made many pictures :-)

To complete this week Valentina and I went skiing and snowboarding in Davos on Sunday. Actually we had tickets for the Jakobshorn area, but they had to close down everything couse of a winter storm (in the italian part of Switzerland the temperature rised as high as 22°C). So we got new tickets for the Rinerhorn area, which was much smaller but we could still enjoy that day up in the mountains.

All in all it was a fabulous week, mainly because I could spent a big deal of my time with Valentina!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home