My Life - So Far

"Unbounded ambition makes an obscure existence simply impossible for me"
Lucien de Rubempré

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Tokyo IV

My last day in Tokyo was a relaxing one. I had nothing really to do so I decided to spend my day reading and drinking coffee at Starbucks in Shinjuku. When I came to Japan in 2005 Shinjuku was the first neighborhood I've been in Tokyo, so I knew my way through the crowded streets. I ordered a Java Chip Frappucino and sat down at the window front and continued reading my book by Haruki Murakami. Then I suddenly was involved in a conversation with a japanese girl named Nozomi. We talked quite for a long time and found that we have a great deal in common. As I asked for a place to eat out with my friends, she recommended the Daikanyama area, but my friends already had other plans... We joined David, a swiss friend of Sophie living in Tokyo for dinner and karaoke afterwards. It was fun as hell and especially Davids interpretation of "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin was a highlight!
My flight back with KLM was comfortable but pretty long again, as I had a stop over in Amsterdam. Back at home I enjoyed a beautiful autumn day before my lectures at ETH started for the next semester...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home