My Life - So Far

"Unbounded ambition makes an obscure existence simply impossible for me"
Lucien de Rubempré

Monday, October 29, 2007

Tokyo III

With my new cell phone I called Sophie and Muriel and we agreed on meeting at Shibuya for lunch. As they didn't have some okonomiyaki before, I proposed to go to the same place i've been with my friends some days before. This time I was kind of an expert and knew how to cook the perfect okonomiyaki ;-). Then we walked back to Harajuku, where we had a short stop over at one of the ubiquitous Starbucks before we continued our walk to Omotesando. There we split and I walked further on to Aoyama, a neighborhood well known for its fashion houses, restaurants, and shopping. It's in this neighborhood, where the famous swiss architects Herzog & de Meuron have buildt their famous building for the fashion company Prada.

They are the same architects that buildt the Olympic Stadium in Beijing, which I incidentally missed when I was there. Anyway, their building for prada was very very impressing! Then I went back home, checked emails, had some quick meal and talked with other guests in the lobby.

On Friday I went shopping almost the whole day and the evening I went to Roppongi Hills to meet Sophie and Muriel. We had dinner at Bamboo Bar, which evokes a very special atmosphere, as the colorful illumination changes all the time. After the delicious meal we went to the Tokyo branch of the Absolut Vodka Ice Bar. I've already been in that one in Stockholm, and there are another five in London, Copenhagen, Milano, Shanghai and Jukkasjärvi. It was ice cold in there, but it was a nice alternation to the heat oustide...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home