My Life - So Far

"Unbounded ambition makes an obscure existence simply impossible for me"
Lucien de Rubempré

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Tokyo I

The night I arrived in Tokyo I met some high school students from Augsburg in Germany. They were on a trip across Japan because they all attended japanese classes back in Germany and the teacher, half german half japanese, was going on that trip every year. Of course, everybody wanted to learn japanese then...
As it was already pretty late (almost 3AM) I had to find my room in the hostel and then find some sleep. But it wasn't that easy... My room consisted of six beds and I got the bed number five. So I opened the door and as I had no light with me, I stepped into the room in the darkest darkness. It was very narrow and my bag punched every bed I passed. Then I had to find my mobile phone so I would have a faint light to be able to make my bed. By that time almost everybody in the room was staring at me, wondering what I was doing at that time of the night!

One thing about that was positive! We could talk about my arriving late at night! So I got to know my three roommates! Ilham, Hélène and Akim were all from France and were supposed to stay in Tokyo until Wednesday. They were working for Air France and could travel for almost nothing. That day I was slightly tired and had a relaxed day. I took the subway to Omotesando and walked to Harajuku and further on to Shibuya. There I had a coffee at the world famous Tsutaya Starbucks store that could be seen in "Lost in Translation" and "Babel". I did a bit of shopping, bought some new shoes and enjoyed the hot day (33°C). The evening I spent at the hostel talking to my french friends in english!

2 Comments:

At 3:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great trip dear.
I hope you have more fantastic trips.

 
At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home