My Life - So Far

"Unbounded ambition makes an obscure existence simply impossible for me"
Lucien de Rubempré

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Summer III

Yeah, I just returned from a slightly exhausting bike ride along the Rhine, took a shower and now I'm sitting outside in the garden soaking up the last sunrays of the day. Last Thursday I had my last exam (which I passed) and so from Friday on, I'll have holidays until 21th of August! Seems to be a long time, and, yeah, it is! But you don't have to be jealous, I have to learn for the exams in August and September. Anyway, the next few weeks I won't touch anything concerning my studies. I can work at the agency, do a lot of sports, definitely a lot, and enjoy the rest of the day...
Which is something I already did the last days even before my last exam. On Wednesday I decided not to learn too long, so I went swimming with Jonathan and his girlfriend. It was such a warm day, I guess the hottest this year, so we decided to go to a chilly und cosy spot directly on the Rhine to take a swim in the evening sun. It was one of these days when the Rhine just smells like the sea, and you wish summer will never end!

We listened to Jack Johnson, talked and once in a while took a swim in the clear blue green water. When I came home at 10:30PM the sky was still bright and I sat down for a moment to soak up the beauty of this wunderful summer evening.
On the horizon I could see lightning, but I knew it was too far away to concern me...

After my exam on Thursday I went to eat Pizza at Santa Lucia with a friend before I went back to the BQM, where we talked and had some drinks. Most of us went to a party called SoNaFe located at ETH Hönggerberg. There was no entrance fee and therefore it was full to bursting. It was once again a nice evening, and I hope I can post some pictures soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home