My Life - So Far

"Unbounded ambition makes an obscure existence simply impossible for me"
Lucien de Rubempré

Monday, June 04, 2007

Summer I

I guess this is gonna be a long long post, cause I have to write down quite a few things.

Maybe the most important thing is: Me and my girlfriend split up... Just one day before my birthday we had a big crisis. I tried everything, and I mean everything, to fix it. But she didn't wanted to accept, so I didn't see a future together. It was hard, I couldn't sleep, was thinking and thinking all the time, and most of all I was sad. Really sad.

But as soon as it was over, and this was the point: when I knew it was definitely over, and I wasn't in uncertanity any longer, I said to myself: Hey, you did enjoy this time as much as you could, but now you have to go on and look forward to your future.

And I once again want to citate what I wrote once before (It sounds best if you listen to Nelly Furtado - All Good Things (Come to an End)):

Good things never last, so enjoy the good moments whilst they last. Because they never last. Sooner or later, it all comes to an end. What matters then is how you handle it.

Yeah, how you handle it. Want to know what I did? I called a friend, went to cinema and then drinking; drinking until 5AM. I had to get up a few hours later, as I had a competition. And even without a good preparation I won the 1000m race, which made me think, ...wow... no sleep, drinking, and you still win races.... Then I went back home, made a delicious Tiramisu and took the train to a Party in Zurich held by Sophie (the girl that supported me on phone when I was lost in Glattbrugg). It was cool and I had a few drinks to really enjoy this marvellous party! Again it was pretty late until we went to bed...

One thing I want to tell to everybody who was here for me, talked to me and gave me many helpful advice: Thank you!

Then I started reading the novel "I Am Charlotte Simmons" by Tom Wolfe. This was almost the only thing I could do the last week. But again, it helped. Check out the link if you're interested.

Right a few minutes ago, I happened to witness a thunderstorm I've never seen here. The sky suddenly turned black as hell, it became sturmy and it started to rain. And the rain became heavier and heavier. There was lightning after lightning. Thunder after thunder. And I had to take the bus to town... At the mainstation: Pure chaos. Only a few, including me :-), had an umbrella, the rest was waiting or looking for shelter. Now as I write down these words, the rain stopped a bit, but still, this was crazy...

UPDATE 05.06.2007: The thunderstorm's been in the news all over Switzerland...

1 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home