My Life - So Far

"Unbounded ambition makes an obscure existence simply impossible for me"
Lucien de Rubempré

Monday, May 07, 2007

Spring VI

What a freakin weekend! It actually started already on friday morning when I had to get up at 5:15AM as I had an excursion to Bell AG, the biggest meat manufacturer in Switzerland. We actually saw everything from slaugther to the complete product ready for sale. It was very interesting except of the blood which was everywhere ;-) We even were invited for lunch with the CEO of Bell. Funny, almost everyone eat up the meal which included a piece of meat...
At around 3PM the excursion was over and so I seized the chance to have a coffee at Starbucks at Steinenvorstadt, before I walked back to the mainstation. Then I was invited for a BBQ. But for the first time for weeks it started to rain...
And the rain continued until Saturday where I once again had to get up at 6AM as I had to run 6.2km with a difference in altitude of 420m. It was the same stretch as one year ago and I was even faster as 2006 even though I had the feeling of a perfect race. I needed exactly 33:45 min to get to the top of the Uetliberg. Next years goal is already fixed: Below 30:00 min ;-) !

I went home to sleep a bit and then I once again returned to Zurich, as I went to drink something with a teammember. Then we went to the italian restaurant Santa Lucia at Marktgasse to eat Pizza.

Further that evening we had some drinks at Edi's Weinbar before we went to the SOLA-Party at Uni Irchel. Actually I wanted to get back to Schaffhausen at 10PM but, you know, I didn't made it... Then I decided to get home at 1AM but then they were no trams anymore so I had to walk and time was getting short, so I decided to take the last train at 3AM. I had to dash to the trainstation at Oerlikon cause it was already late. Unfortunately I had run out of money and couldn't pay the nightbonus.

And it happened what had to happen: the conductor came. So I could decide to pay CHF 80.- or disembark at Glattbrugg. I chose the second thing. To my regret, the next train to Schaffhausen should come at 5:15AM... I was alone and the only thing I could do was listen to my iPod which was running out of battery as well... and a particular thank goes to Sophie who supported my by phone during this difficult time!

1 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Adrian,
I saw your video on Oerlikon. I was there a couple weeks ago, and from the train, I saw this building that had writing on the side, something about "10 ways to get something accomplished". I did not have my camera handy, so I could not take a picture. But it has intrigued me, so I'm wondering if you could get a picture for me? I would greatly appreciate the effort.
Thanks,
Leonard
len-ellis@tx.rr.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home