My Life - So Far

"Unbounded ambition makes an obscure existence simply impossible for me"
Lucien de Rubempré

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Wintersemester VI


Right now I feel a bit depressed even though there is only one day left until christmas holiday. Even though soon I will be in Paris. Even though we just had a little party with christmas cookies, cakes, chips, coffee and wine after the last microbiology practical training. But still I don't feel happy right now...
[Listening to Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars]

Maybe one reason for my mood might be that I didn't sleep that much recently. I watched once again some movies I got from a friend:

Yamakasi - Les samouraïs des temps modernes
Blow
Das Experiment
Wrong Turn

Yamakasi - Les samouraïs des temps modernes is a french movie and demonstrates the skills of the Yamakasi, a group of freerunners, who battle against injustice in the Paris ghetto. You can find a short freerunner video here.
Often mistaken for Japanese, the word yamakasi is actually taken from an African language, which is spoken in the two Congos. Ya makási can mean "strong body, strong spirit, strong person", though in French usage its meaning is closer to "high energy".
Blow with Johnny Depp was very touching and is now one of my favorites.

On sunday all shops and stores were open so we went to town for a walk where we met Joëlle. We went to have coffee at Fass, where a vernissage of Milk and Vodka, a comic drawer, is held until January.

Since beginning of December we now have fast ICE trains from Germany instead of the always late italian Cisalpinos. However we still have only one direct train to Zurich an hour. But Zurich has a vision for 2025 where they have a wide train, tram and bus net to cover all suburbs and surrounding regions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home