My Life - So Far

"Unbounded ambition makes an obscure existence simply impossible for me"
Lucien de Rubempré

Friday, June 09, 2006

Ticino II


On sunday we slept late and then went to a Pasticceria in Mesocco to buy some fresh bread. After breakfast and coffee we took the bus to Bellinzona and from there the next train to Locarno. This city is located directly at the shores of Lago Maggiore. I’ve been there several times, always in a training camp in spring. So I knew the way to the best ice cream shops and places to see.


We then took a bus to Ascona on the other side of the river Maggia. Many famous people have lived or been attracted by this city: Hermann Hesse, Carl Jung, Erich Maria Remarque, Paul Klee, Rudolf Steiner, Gustav Stresemann and many others.
We walked through the old town and went to a place directly at the waterfront to relax. I felt so free...

2 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

 
At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home