My Life - So Far

"Unbounded ambition makes an obscure existence simply impossible for me"
Lucien de Rubempré

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Ticino I


As you can see, the last post was about the kiwifruit I eat in Bellinzona. Now you might wonder why I was in Bellinzona. There is a simple reason: The weather there is often inverse to that north of the Alps. This, and a warmer climate in general, as well as the lakes together with the sunshine make the Ticino pretty attractive.



As my grandparents both are from Mesocco, which lies in the Mesolcina Valley, and we still own a house up there we spontaneously decided to take the 8:09 Cisalpino Canaletto to Bellinzona. We bought some freshly-baked bread that tasted absolutely awesome and climbed up to castelgrande, the first of the three castles in Bellinzona which all belong to the UNESCO world heritage!



Although it was very windy, we enjoyed the superb weather and the mediterranean climate with its palm and fig trees.

4 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Blogger Adrian said...

The state of conservation is extremely good. I never expected the castle to be in such a good state. I really recommend a visit!

 
At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

 
At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

 
At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Adrian - just came across your blog searching for info on Mesocco. It (your blog) looks really good, and you take some excellent photos.

If you've got time I'd appreciate some advice from someone who knows the area. I'm hoping to travel up to San Bernardino or Mesocco in August, and then walk east into Italy - to Madesimo/Isola/Campodolcino. Do you know if this is possible? Are there any marked passes? I've not had much luck finding accommodation in San Bernardino yet - any information gratefully received.

Cheers

GH

 

Post a Comment

<< Home