My Life - So Far

"Unbounded ambition makes an obscure existence simply impossible for me"
Lucien de Rubempré

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Spring Break I


Since I've been at university I neglected my friends here in Schaffhausen. Now as the winter semester is over I see them more often again. Recently we had great fun together. On Friday I met my ex-girlfriend for a coffee at Spaghetti Factory in Schaffhausen (By the way: After work in the morning I missed my train so I went to Starbucks at Stauffacher in Zurich. They have a big lounge on the second floor where you can relax and chill out. I read almost the entire Die Weltwoche while I enjoyed my Frappuccino Chocolate).
While I was waiting for her, I saw another girl whom I knew has holidays right now. Besides she didn't know what to do. So I asked her if she wanted to join us for a coffee. She accepted... maybe because I offered to pay :-)

At Spaghetti Factory you usually sit next to the large window front hence you can see all people walking by. Soon we started to play a game which one of us knew more people. At the end I made a proposal: Let's make a bet! So we decided to meet on Monday at 12am. At this time of the day the city is most crowded. The bet was as follows: The person who first knows 15 people wins (it's necessary to say "Hello"). The loser has to pay for lunch at Spaghetti Factory afterwards. I don't know why but she had so much luck! She won 15 to 10 after less than 30 min... So I had to pay for the spaghetti al pesto...

Yesterday was a beautiful warm day. Unfortunatley El Bertin, the best Ice Cream Shop in town was still closed. Reopening is on March 11th.

3 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

 
At 6:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

 
At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home