My Life - So Far

"Unbounded ambition makes an obscure existence simply impossible for me"
Lucien de Rubempré

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Rome II


One place I really liked was Piazza Navona. The Piazza follows the plan of an ancient Roman Stadium of 240 x 65 m in size built by Domitian in the first century.
Piazza Navona is now the pride of Baroque Rome. It has sculptural and architectural creations by Gian Lorenzo Bernini who built the famous Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi in 1651 and by Francesco Borromini and Girolamo Rainaldi who created the church of Sant'Agnese in Agone. The Piazza contains two additional fountains sculpted by Giacomo della Porta — the Fontana di Nettuno (1574), located at the northern area of Piazza Navona, and the Fontana del Moro (1576), located at the southern area.

Today it's an lively place with open air cafes around and a superb Gelateria: I tre Scalini which is famous for one thing - it's scandalously delicious Tartufo Nero. But I was so eager to eat some ice cream I couldn't resist and paid 3 € for a chocolate and tiramisu ice cream. Mmmhh...


1 Comments:

At 4:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home