My Life - So Far

"Unbounded ambition makes an obscure existence simply impossible for me"
Lucien de Rubempré

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Rome I


I'm back here after an exciting trip to Rome, the eternal city and the capital of Italy. I don't know exactely where to begin my story... Let's start at the very beginning: The EuroAirport in Basel.
Oh... Actually I arranged a meeting with a friend in Basel and we went to Starbucks and exchanged stories about what had happened to each of us. But that's another story.
Back to the airport. We booked the flight with easyjet.com because it's one of the cheapest airlines flying from and to Switzerland. The flight was pretty short, it didn't feel to be much longer than my daily train rides to Zurich. After landing and the troublesome passport and customs procedure we had a first impression of the italian traffic while we were sitting in a shuttle bus heading for Stazione Termini in Rome. From Termini it was a short walk to the Hostel Carlito's Way located at Via Villafranca. In the evening we strolled around looking for a good restaurant and passed by the Piazza della Repubblica. The picture above shows the Fontana delle Naiadi built by Mario Rutelli in 1901.

2 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

 
At 11:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home