My Life - So Far

"Unbounded ambition makes an obscure existence simply impossible for me"
Lucien de Rubempré

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Switzerland III



On Tuedsay I didn't go to University because I participated in a research project to find out if human's memorize skills have a genetic component. Here is the full title of the project under the guidance of Prof.Dr.med Dominique de Quervain:
"Identification of genetic polymorphisms responsible for the variability in memory performance and decision making of healthy human subjects."
It was a nice alternation to the normal classes. Apart of that, I also earned some money: CHF 70.- ! It's not that much but for an hour and a half it's quite reasonable. Anyway... Before going to the university campus where the project was held, I went to Starbucks at Bahnhofstrasse in Zurich. For people who don't know Zurich: It's unquestionably the most famous but also most expensive street in Switzerland. Finance, Economy, Exclusivity, Quality are the synonyms used by the official homepage of the "Bahnhofstrasse". Right... So I ordered a "Frappucino Moccha", medium size. Okey, I need to admit, I normally don't go to Starbucks in Switzerland, in contrast if I'm travelling in other countries. Maybe it's clear now: I payed CHF 7.60! In other currencies:
4.90 EUR
5.80 USD
690 Yen
I mean it's crazy. And I need to repeat: It was medium size...

Anyway, the atmosphere there was amazing and therefore it's likely you can see me there another time!

3 Comments:

At 5:52 AM, Blogger Brandon N Burk said...

It is quite amazing, I'm from the U.S. A. and have watched the rise and demise of Starbucks over the last decade. It is complete stupidity to pay the same price for a cup of coffee as a full meal at other restaurants. However, that being said, I still go because they are EVERYWHERE in America... so convenient, and now people even give you "gift cards" to use in purchasing their overpriced goods! Mmmm tastes like capitalism. Enjoy!

 
At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

 
At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

 

Post a Comment

<< Home